During her interview with John Maxwell, Angela Ahrendts had a few words to share about leadership through her own personal experiences at Apple Retail.
- Understand your core values and live these out. They will be your strengths from which to lead.
- When interviewing a candidate evaluate for four characteristics:
- A “we” versus “me” perspective
- EQ versus IQ
- Cultural fit
- A “tomorrow” versus “today” or “yesterday” mindset
- Trust your intuition and how you feel about people.
- Work on culture, because culture creates the brand.
- When developing a brand ask:
- Why are we doing it?
- What is the deep purpose?
- How are we going to do it?
- How well people believe you care is directly related to how you make them feel.
In my opinion, branding must be both relevant to the times and inspirational toward the future. A brand should focus on how people feel about it and its purpose. What are you branding and how do people feel about it?
About the Author: Sandra Dillon is a professional coach with an extensive background in leadership and business coaching. She works with individuals and businesses as well as designs and facilitates workshops to empower people. She has a passion to help people be the best versions of themselves. You can learn more about Sandra or engage her as your coach by reaching out to her at email@example.com or by visiting her website at www.shinecrossings.com